I have a broad background in being a speaker; I’ve emceed advertising award shows, been a host on local programming TV shows, been a guest on podcasts and on panels. My collective set of experiences makes me an adaptable, dynamic speaker in any forum. Today, I’m more regularly an established industry speaker at a handful of select conferences and events each year both in person and online. Past events include DMO Advanced Napa Summit and SMX Advanced.
Digital Marketing & SEO related speaking topics include:
- In-house SEO: Principles of getting SEO work across the finish line in an enterprise organization.
- Operational efficiencies: How to write effective tickets that get worked on.
- E-commerce SEO: technical & content best practices for driving traffic & revenue.
- Digital industry trends and what businesses/ marketers can do to adapt.
- Plus: panel discussions on industry topics.
If you’d like me to speak at your event, please reach out and get in touch.
SMX Next Speaker, 2020 (virtual event): Diagnosing and Fixing A Drop in Rankings, using the appropriate tools
Author, Search Engine Land – Holly Miller Anderson
Themes involve Product Management in SEO, collaboration and communication, SEO performance metrics, user-centric SEO, developing an SEO roadmap, adapting to changes, cross functional skills, navigating the digital landscape, case studies and examples.
- “Why SEO Is A Great Investment, not just a cost” Search Engine Land May 2022
- “Adaptability: The New Competitive Advantage in SEO” July 2022
- “Implementing an Internal Linking Module: Should you build it or buy it?” August 2022
- “What is an SEO Product Manager?” January 2o23
- “Why SEO Should be a Product” February 2023
- “SEO Product Management: Key Framework and Fundamentals” March 2023
- “SEO Product Manager vs SEO Manager: What’s the difference?” May 2023
Quoted in “7 Reasons Why People Believe SEO Myths” Search Engine Land, May 2022
Searchmetrics blog contributor (2016 – 2017)
Top themes include Google algorithm updates and changes, SEO best practices, content strategy, technical SEO, local SEO, keyword analysis and trends, User Experience (UX) and SEO, link building strategies, analytics and data interpretation, voice search and mobile optimization, social media and SEO, the evolving digital marketing landscape
- The Secrets of SEO: Getting Ranked As An Answer Box
- The Secrets of SEO: “What Should I Write About?”
- Why We’re Killing Searchmetrics Ranking Factors (Hint: Google Made Us)
- What’s New In Universal Search: 2016 Edition
- Return of the (Google algorithm update) Phantom: Part 4
- Battle of the Ad Bulge: How Google Is Slimming Down Search Results
Podcasts & Online Interviews
Voices of Search Podcast, May 2022, What is an SEO Product Manager
Unbottleneck Podcast, June 2021
iPull Rank interview, September 2020
Rankable Ep.13 – How to Effectively Identify Your Target Audience ft. Holly Anderson | iPullRank
Podcast guest on National Positions, Aug 2020
Topic: how to identify a drop in rankings
VC Buzz online interview – August 2020 – with Anne Smarty
Interviewee & Journalist -Wo(man) On The Street Interviews
Guest & Event Participant
Online Articles – Thought Leadership
These are a collection of online publications and blogs which I’ve contributed to over the years as an SEO professional.
Authority Labs – December 2019 – by Ashley Segura
Contributing Author – Acquisio.com blog (Web.com), 2018
* The posts on this blog represent Holly’s personal thoughts and experiences and in no way speak on behalf of her employers. *